Code of Conduct
|Please take the time to read and follow these guidelines and rules and your stay on the Phoenix Rising website will be a happy one!|
- Craft your subject line - Be descriptive, but be brief. (If your thread subject gives no clue to it's contents, it will be renamed)
- Language - Don't write in ALL CAPS or TXT SPK or L33T SP33K - It is hard to read and annoys people.
- Write clearly - We can't all be great writers, but at least we can give it our best shot.
Think before you post...
- Intent - Are you writing something that you want to question, inform or share with the other users?
- Chill out - If someone is being an idiot, you don't have to join them.
- Worth - Is there a similar thread, are you creating a thread to reply to another, have you done a search?
- Discussion - This is a public discussion forum, so if you wish to talk to another member privately you should attempt to send them a message.
- Spam - Blatant advertising, trolling and linking to illegal stuff such as warez are not allowed.
- Abuse - If your post is abusing to other users or moderators you run the risk of being banned!
- Remove posts that contain racist or homophobic remarks, personal abuse, libel, copyrighted material, excessive swearing, references to illegal activities.
- Users who repeatedly post inflammatory (''troll'') topics or contravene the site posting guidelines will find their posts removed and eventually their user account removed. Phoenix Rising reserves the right to remove posting privileges from any account at any time. In general the moderators will endeavour to issue warnings before a user account is removed or suspended, however, in the instance of severe transgressions, this action may be taken without any prior warning.
- If you spot a post on the forum that breaks our comments policy then please report it via the relevant link, or contact us and we will sort it out.
- Registering multiple accounts (''sockpuppets'') could result in bans (even via IP) for some or all of the accounts in question. One person, one account.
- Someone with a strongly held opinion that is contrary to you is not a ''troll'' and they won't be banned just for getting up your nose. Deal with it.
- The fact that you've been posting here for X many months/years does not make you into the forum Sheriff. It's not your place to attempt to impose any kind of authority other than telling moderators about problems you see. Starting threads calling for people to be blocked/banned is a serious no-no, regardless of who you believe them to be.
As long as you don't insult people, keep the discussion relevant and don't generally act like an idiot, you won't have to worry about being moderated.
Thanks, & have fun on the Phoenix Rising website!
Render time: 0.2299 sec, 0.0461 of that for queries. Memory Usage: 3,503kB